Using Postbox with Things
To Setup Postbox to use Things, please follow these instructions in this order:
- Quit Things if it is running
- Set Postbox as your default email client (if it is not already)
- Install the Things helper application
- Start Things
Pay careful attention to approving the permissions dialogs that macOS displays when using Postbox with Things. You may have to restart both apps once or twice to reset macOS permissions!
A new Things to-do can be created in one of two ways:
- By selecting the message list and using the shortcut: control + option + space
- By selecting some text in the message body and using the contextual menu
Using Quick Post with Things
Things also supports a Mail to Things feature that can be used with Quick Post.
If Postbox cannot connect to Things, please check the permissions in macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation and make sure under Postbox.app that Things is selected.