Setting up Windows @live.com, @hotmail.com and @outlook.com
- Go to File > New > Mail Account.
- For Your Name, enter your full name that your messages will appear from.
- For Email Address, enter your full address including the domain name. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Description, enter the name you want to give this account in Postbox.
- For Password, enter your email account password.
- Click Continue. Postbox will then automatically figure out your server settings. If there is any trouble finding the correct settings, use the server settings below.
- Click Done.
Incoming (IMAP) Server
- User name: Your email address
- Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com (some customers report faster response times with outlook.office365.com)
- Port: 993
- Encrypted Connection: SSL
Outgoing (SMTP) Server
- Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 587
- Authentication: Yes
- Encrypted Connection: STARTTLS
Make sure to enable POP access on Outlook.com under Settings > Accounts > POP and IMAP.
Hotmail accounts setup over POP in Postbox must have password of 16 characters or less. This is a limitation of the Hotmail service itself, even though you can use passwords longer than 16 characters when using Hotmail's webmail interface.
If you are using Two-Step Verification, then you must generate an app password for Postbox.
- Go to the security settings for your Microsoft account at https://account.live.com/p.
- Scroll down to the App passwords section (which will only appear if you are using Two-Step Verification), and click on Create a new app password.
Use this password within the Postbox setup wizard.
Helpful links at Windows