Installing Postbox is quick and easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Download Postbox to your desktop or folder of choice.
- Double-click the DMG file, read and accept the license agreement, then drag the Postbox icon to your Applications folder.
NOTE: If a previous version of Postbox is already in your Applications folder, simply overwrite it (don't worry, your mail settings, databases, and other files are stored in a different location).
- Download the Postbox installer .exe to your desktop or folder of choice.
- Double-click the installer file to launch the setup wizard. Read and accept the license agreement and then follow the steps shown in the setup wizard.
- Selecting "Standard" will install Postbox with the common settings. Use "Custom" to have more control over installation location, shortcut creation, and Windows Start menu settings.
NOTE: If a previous version of Postbox is already installed, simply overwrite it (don't worry, your mail settings, databases, and other files are stored in a different location).
The Migration Wizard
The first time you run Postbox, you'll be presented with a migration wizard.
We recommend you select Clean Install and then click Continue. A Clean Install launches Postbox factory-fresh, and you can then set up each of your accounts as described here.
Alternatively, you can import from an earlier version of Postbox if you have one installed.
Note: Please be aware that if there are any hidden or known problems with your message data, those problems may appear in Postbox as well. For this reason, we always recommend a clean install.