Before using the BETA, please make sure you thoroughly read and understand the contents of the Postbox 7 BETA Read Me.
- macOS 10.13 or macOS 10.14
- Windows 8 or Windows 10
BETA 1 Release Notes
Clips let you quickly insert pre-formatted blocks of HTML into your messages. It works similarly to Responses and Signatures, but Clips have two additional capabilities:
- Clips can insert CSS into the <head> region of a message
- A default Clip can be used per identity when new messages are composed
This means that you can now create sophisticated newsletters, brand templates, or stationary and use them as needed or by default per identity.
Theoretically, any email template that you can create or find on the web can now be used in Postbox.
Similar to add-ons, our Labs feature will allow for experimental 3rd-party code to be used within Postbox.
The first Labs project will be OpenPGP support provided by a specially designed version of Enigmail for Postbox and can be enabled under the Tools menu (remember to add the appropriate buttons to the Compose window toolbar).
Unlike add-ons which can be arbitrarily installed, only a select number of Labs projects will be available for Postbox. Given that Labs projects contain 3rd-party experimental code, they are not officially supported by Postbox, Inc.
If there's a 3rd-party solution you would like to see in Postbox, contact the 3rd-party developer directly. Please do not contact Postbox asking us to support code we do not develop, thanks! 👍
Cloud File Sharing for Business
By popular demand, we've added two new services to our Cloud File Sharing feature:
- Dropbox for Business
- OneDrive for Business
New Swipe Gestures on macOS
We've created a new swipe mechanism on macOS that will provide better feedback for four commonly used actions:
- 1/2 swipe left = Archive
- full swipe left = Reminder
- 1/2 swipe right = Junk
- full swipe right = Delete
The swipe actions work on a "swipe-n-hold" basis. Swipe until the desired action is displayed, hold, then let go once the swipe action "activates." This usage pattern was designed to prevent accidental swipes from performing an action.
Currently, this feature is available on macOS only. Sorry Windows users, we really tried to get this working on Windows, but the number of different devices, drivers and OS limitations was simply insurmountable. We may try again, we'll see.
This works similarly to Quick Move but copies the message to the desired folder instead of moving it. The keyboard shortcut "c" will bring up the Quick Bar, and from there you can type the name of the folder you wish to copy the message to.
Gmail Labeling Mechanism
We've created a new mechanism for Gmail labeling that mirrors the actions used for Quick Move, Quick Switch, and Quick Copy. Type the "l" key to bring up the Quick Bar, then autocomplete against the desired label name.
Note that there is a desire by the product team to make this function similarly to Topics so that multiple labels can be added at one time. Stay tuned for further developments on this as they become available.
Highlight & Strikethrough in Compose
The compose formatting toolbar now supports text strikethrough and highlighting.
New Filter Actions
We've added three more filter actions:
- Add Prefix to Subject
- Add Suffix to Subject
- Add Sender to Address List
- Improved Gravatar Support
- Date Pickers in the Search Bar
- Alphabetical sorting of Topics in the editor panel
- vCards can now be imported to the Address Book by double-clicking on them
- Improved styling for vCard display
- Various UI improvements (with more to come)
- Fixed an issue that could cause URLs with line breaks in them to not open in a browser
- Fixed an issue that could cause messages to not be Marked as Read after deleting when the Preview Pane is closed
- Fixed an issue that could prevent child messages from being selected when the message preview pane is closed
- Fixed an issue when contextual-clicking non-selected messages and performing actions, the selector didn’t return to the previously selected message
- Fixed an issue when contextual-clicking non-selected messages and performing actions, the action would be performed on the previously selected message
- Fixed an issue when the default send server was not being respected when clicking on an email address in the contact card
- Fixed an issue when using arrow keys to select contacts in the addressing auto-complete widget
- Fixed an issue that could cause sort order to get reset after a file or image search
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Task Bar icon to reset during updates on Windows
- Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate .ics file icons to display
- Fixed an issue with the Account Wizard where ymail.com accounts were not recognized as Yahoo accounts
- Fixed an issue that wouldn’t allow multiple messages to be set as Reminder at once
- Fixed an issue with addressing messages from the Compose Sidebar recent contacts list
- Fixed an issue where image attributes were not preserved when selecting a different image during message composition
- Fixed an issue to prevent files stored in the clipboard to be added during a drag and drop action in the Compose window
If you find a bug or have feedback to share, please visit our Postbox 7 BETA Feedback page. Thanks!