How to Use a Video or Screencast to Illustrate Issues
Videos or screencasts are the very best way to demonstrate an issue to our support team. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million!
There are several tools you can use to record a video or screencast:
- Jing - starts free and easy to use, and you can upgrade for more storage if you wish. Supports both Windows and Mac
- SnagIt - the non-free and comprehensive alternative to Jing. Supports both Windows and Mac
- CloudApp - starts free and easy to use. Supports both Windows and Mac
- Firefox or Chrome user? You can find lots of Chrome Extensions and Firefox Add-ons that will get you started
- If you are using macOS, you can use the QuickTime Player to record portions of your screen.
When sending us a link to a video, please be sure to send us the actual link in email. Please do not send us links from within the service itself, for example the Dropbox web page, as it will be trapped by our support framework's spam filters.