Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box - Cloud File Sharing
Postbox's Cloud File Sharing makes is easy to email links to files stored in the cloud instead of sending the files themselves. It’s a great time-saver (and email account space-saver).
- Your email arrives without making the recipient download the file just to read the email. The cloud file can then be downloaded at his or her convenience.
- Without attachments, emails can be sent more quickly.
- A file you won’t take up space in your email account or the recipient’s since it’s stored with a cloud-service provider.
- Since you’re only sending a link to a file, you can modify the file right up until the moment your recipient clicks the link to download it.
Cloud File Sharing uses your cloud account with Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box.
Using Cloud File Sharing
To "send" a file using Cloud File Sharing:
- Create the email you in which you want to “send” the cloud file.
- Drag the file from your Dropbox, Box, or Microsoft OneDrive folder into the body of the email. That’s it — Postbox creates a link to the cloud file.
- Finish and send the email.
Note: If you drag the file onto the email’s attachment area, the file will be added to the email and sent as a standard attachment.
Setting Up Cloud File Sharing
In Postbox 6, Cloud File Sharing is built into the product.
For Postbox 5 and below, Cloud File Sharing is added to Postbox as a free add-on. This lets us continually improve the feature without requiring an update to Postbox itself.
To install the Cloud File Sharing add-on:
- Browse to our Add-ons page, and click the Download link for Cloud File Sharing.
- Back in the Add-ons Manager window, click the Tools menu in the upper right-hand corner, and select Install Add-on from File….
- Navigate to and select the downloaded .xpi add-on file.
- Click Install Now to install the add-on.
- We recommend enabling automatic updates for the add-on to stay current with cloud providers' frequent service changes. To do this, click the add-on's More button and set Automatic Updates to On.
- Quit Postbox and the relaunch it to finish activating the add-on.
- Go to Postbox (macOS)/Tools (Windows) > Preferences/Options > Attachments > Outgoing.
- Make sure Send links when attaching files in your cloud folder is checked.
- Click Add, select the desired cloud service from the popup menu, and click Set up Account.
- Sign in to your cloud service provider and allow the provider the access it requests.