Importing Email from Outlook 2011 (Mac)
Do you need to migrate messages?
A key question is whether you need to manually migrate messages at all. Please note the following:
- If your account is using IMAP, then you do not need to manually migrate since Postbox will download all of your folders and mail for you.
- If your account is using POP or POP3, then Postbox can download messages from your Inbox. Messages in other folders will need to be manually migrated.
- Messages stored on your local machine will need to be manually migrated.
Import email from Outlook 2011 to Postbox
- Please Quit Postbox if it is currently running.
- In Outlook 2011, select the folder you wish to import into Postbox. Go to Edit | Select All to select all of the message in the folder.
- Drag and drop the selected messages into a temporary folder in a Mac Finder window. This will export the messages to eml files. Outlook 2011 shows no progress during this operation and it may take a long time depending on the number of messages.
- Open Postbox and install the Import/Export Add-on from http://postbox-inc.com/extensions
- After installing the add-on, use the "Import All eml files from a directory" menu item to import the eml files in the folder you dropped them into.
- Your mail will now be found in the Local Folders account, within a folder that has the same name as the folder you created in the Finder