Installing Dictionaries in Other Languages
Instructions for Windows
- Download and save the dictionary to your hard drive. (Firefox users, be sure to right-click the download link, then select "Save Link As..." from the contextual menu.)
- In Postbox, go to Tools | Add-ons.
- Click the Install button and select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
- Restart Postbox and then go to Options > Composition > Spelling and select your default dictionary.
Information for macOS
For better integration with macOS, Postbox uses the system dictionary service and all of the dictionaries installed on your system.
To change the dictionary,
- Go to Preferences > Composition > Spelling
- Select your desired default language. You can also change this from the Spell check toolbar button in the compose window.
If Apple does not support a dictionary for your language, you can manually install additional dictionaries into your Operating System using the following steps:
- Download and save the desired dictionary to your hard drive. (Firefox users, be sure to right-click the download link, then select "Save Link As..." from the contextual menu.)
- Change the file extension from .xpi to .zip
- Double-click the file to access the contents of the zip archive.
- Under the dictionary subfolder in the zip archive, select the .dic and .aff files and copy them into <Your Home Folder> / Library / Spelling
- Restart Postbox
This dictionary should now be available to the system dictionary service and will appear in the list of Postbox dictionaries.