How to Move Postbox Data Files and Settings to Another Computer
All Postbox settings and data are stored within a data folder that resides outside of the application. You can transfer your Postbox data folder from one machine to another by following these instructions:
- Make sure that Postbox is installed on both the source and target machines.
- Quit or exit Postbox on both machines.
- Optional - Within your profile folder, you can exclude the ImapMail folder to lower the size of the transfer. Just move the ImapMail folder to the Desktop prior to copying to the target machine, then move it back to the same location when the transfer completes.
- Next, move the Postbox data folder from the source machine to the corresponding location on the target machine.
The location of the Postbox data folder is as follows:
~your home folder/Library/Application Support/Postbox
(Note: In macOS the Library folder is hidden. To access it, open the Finder, hold the Option key, then select Library from the Go menu.)
(Note: The AppData folder is folder is a hidden folder; to show hidden folders:
- Windows Vista / 7 - Open a Windows Explorer window and choose "Organize → Folder and Search Options → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show hidden files and folders".
- Windows 8 and higher: Open a Windows Explorer window and choose "View Tab → Options → View Tab → Show hidden files and folders, then click the Apply button".)