Postbox supports gestures for those using macOS with a trackpad or other device that supports multitouch gestures. There four gestures supported:
- 1/2 swipe left = Archive
- full swipe left = Reminder
- 1/2 swipe right = Junk
- full swipe right = Delete
The swipe actions work on a "swipe-n-hold" basis. Swipe until the desired action is displayed, hold, then let go once the swipe action "activates." This usage pattern was designed to prevent accidental swipes from performing an action.
Most importantly, swipe actions can be performed on multiple messages at once.
macOS System Preferences Settings
- Within System Preferences, select Trackpad > More Gestures
- Make sure that the setting Swipe between pages is set to Scroll left or right with two fingers.
- Set Swipe between full-screen apps to Swipe left or right with four fingers.
- Within System Preferences, select Mouse > More Gestures.
- Set Swipe between pages to Swipe with one finger.