Links not Opening in the Browser Correctly
If links are not opening up in the browser, or if two tabs/windows are opening on each click, here are few things to try:
Reset your default browser
Change your default browser to another browser and then change it back. In some scenarios after a browser update, the OS setting for the default browser fails to get updated.
Uninstall ThunderBrowse (if installed)
- Go to the ThunderBrowse website and download the latest version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/thunderbrowse/
- Open Postbox, and go to Tools > Add-ons, and click the action button at the top right corner to install it.
- Once it's installed, restart Postbox.
- Go back to Tools > Add-ons and click the Preferences button next to ThunderBrowse
- In the resulting window, click the Links tab, and check the option to Disable ThunderBrowse link loading.
- Click a link and verify that it now loads in your default browser.
- Disable/Uninstall ThunderBrowse, and restart Postbox to make sure links still open in your default browser