In order to troubleshoot problems, we may ask you to send us a protocol log to capture the error.
Here's how you can generate a protocol log for Postbox:
Substitute IMAP in the examples below with the protocol in question such as: IMAP, POP3, SMTP, LDAP, IMPORT
And make sure Postbox is not running.
1) Bring up a command prompt: Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt
2) Type in the following two lines:
You would replace IMAP with the protocol name we are asking you for (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, etc.). So SMTP:5 or POP3:5.
3) Then launch postbox from the command prompt by doing:
On the Mac:
1) open up a terminal window
2) type in the following two lines:
You would replace IMAP with the protocol name we are asking you for (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, etc.)
3) Assuming you dragged the Postbox app to your applications folder, type the following into the terminal window:
Perform the activity that generates the problem, quit postbox. Save the log to side so it does not get overwritten and then send the log to support [at] postbox-inc [dot] com with a description of the problem.