Postbox contains support for Office 365 Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
For existing Office 365 accounts:
- Navigate to Preferences | Options > Accounts > [your Office 365] account, then under Authentication, select OAuth2 (Office 365).
- Navigate to Preferences | Options > Accounts > Outgoing Server / [your Office 365] account, then under Authentication, select OAuth2 (Office 365).
- Restart Postbox.
- Check for new messages in your Office 365 account, and if you receive any security certificate confirmations, go ahead and approve them.
If these instructions do not work for you, either due to an issue with our implementation or the way the account is set up on the server, please reverse these instructions and set Authentication to Password.
For new Office 365 accounts:
- From the File menu, select New > Mail Account.
- Add your Display Name and Email address, then click the Continue button (you do not need to enter a password).
- On the account settings confirmation screen, change the Authentication from Password to OAuth2 (Office 365) for both Incoming and Outgoing servers.
- Enter your password on the Microsoft authentication screen, then confirm the authentication (via text, etc.).
- When you are returned to the account settings confirmation screen, click the Done button.