Important Information for iCloud Users
Beginning June 15th, app-specific passwords will be required to access your iCloud mail data using Postbox.
If you are signed-in to Postbox using your existing Apple ID, you will no longer be able to login to your iCloud account after June 15th without a new app-specific password. If you are using an iCloud account, please follow these instructions:
1) Turn On Two Factor Authentication:
- Navigate to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud.
- Sign in if necessary, then click Account Details.
- Click Security.
- Click Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
2) Generate an App-Specific Password for Postbox:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Under the App-Specific Passwords section, click Generate Password.
- Enter a label, such as "Postbox".
- Copy the password that is provided, you'll need it later!
3) Use the New Password within Postbox
- In Postbox, go to Preferences > Privacy > Saved Passwords. Select the incoming and outgoing servers for your iCloud account, then click the Remove button.
- Restart Postbox.
- Enter your new Apple App-Specific Passwords when prompted, for both incoming and outgoing servers (you'll need to perform a "send" action to trigger the password prompt for the outgoing server).