UPDATE: IF YOU HAVE JUST UPDATED TO THINGS 1.3, PLEASE 1) QUIT POSTBOX AND THINGS, 2) START POSTBOX, AND 3) THEN START THINGS (IN THIS ORDER).
To get started, please download and install the latest versions of Postbox and Things or OmniFocus (1.7.5).
Download the Latest Postbox Release
Using Postbox with Things
To Setup Postbox to use Things, please follow these instructions in this order:
- Quit Things if it is running
- Set Postbox as your default email client (if it is not already) <-- this is important!
- Start or restart Things
A new Things to-do can be created within Postbox by selecting some text and then:
- selecting Things: New To-Do with Selection as Note or Things: New To-Do with Selection as Title from a contextual menu
- selecting Services from the Postbox menu, and then Things: New To-Do with Selection as Note
- using the keyboard shortcut: command+option+control+shift+0 to create a new to-do with the selection as a note
When you create a new Things to-do within Postbox:
- the selected text will become the to-do title or note depending upon selection
- a link back to the original Postbox message will be created within the note
Using Postbox with OmniFocus
A new OmniFocus to-do can be created within Postbox by selecting some text and then:
- selecting OmniFocus: Send to Inbox from a contextual menu
When you create a new OmniFocus to-do within Postbox:
- the message subject will become the to-do title
- the message sender will be linked along with a link back to the original message
- the selected text will be placed into the to-do body
We hope you enjoy these integrations, and be sure to let us know how well they work for you!