Download Messages for Offline Use (IMAP)
Postbox will automatically download IMAP message bodies for indexing while you are idle and Postbox is running. However, you can configure Postbox to always download the message bodies for the Inbox or other folders. Any messages living in these folders marked for offline use will be available without an internet connection. There are two ways to do this.
Note: Even though messages can be downloaded for offline use, they are still being synced with the IMAP server, and could potentially be deleted if messages have been deleted on the server. In order to safeguard messages if you plan on deleting messages from the server, please move them to the "Local Folders" or "On My Mac" accounts.
Configure a Single Folder
- Find an IMAP folder in the Folders Pane that you'd like to make available offline.
- Right-click (Control + Click on Mac), select Properties..., and click on the Offline tab.
- Check the box next to Select this folder for offline use.
There is also a Download button here which allows you to download all messages immediately, instead of waiting for Postbox to do this automatically while the computer is idle.
Configure Multiple Folders at Once
Mac: Postbox > Preferences > Accounts > [your IMAP account] > Local Storage
Windows: Tools Options > Accounts > [your IMAP account] > Local Storage
- Check the option to Make the messages in my Inbox available when I am working Offline.
- To configure additional folders to be available for offline use, click the button that reads "Select folders for offline use..." and add checkmarks next to the folders you'd like to make available.