Setting up Windows Live Hotmail
NOTE: To use Windows Live Hotmail in Postbox, you must:
a) have a Windows Live ID account, and
b) enable POP access within Hotmail's settings (see below)
Enabling POP Access
- Go to www.hotmail.com, and log in using your credentials.
- Go to the Options or Settings page
- Click on "Connect Devices and Apps with POP"
- Enable POP access
- Save or Click OK
Setting Postbox up to work with Windows Live Hotmail
- From the File menu, select New > Mail account.
- Enter your full name in the Your Name field. Enter your Windows Live Hotmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) in the Email Address field, followed by your password, and click Continue.
- You are now back at the Account Settings screen. Click OK.
- Click on your newly created Windows Live Hotmail account in the folder pane, and then click the Get Mail button in the toolbar.
Important note about Hotmail Passwords
Hotmail passwords in Postbox must be 16 characters or less. This is a limitation of the Hotmail service itself, even though you can use passwords longer than 16 characters when using Hotmail's webmail interface.
Helpful links at Windows Live Hotmail