NOTE: To use Windows Live Hotmail in Postbox, you must:
a) first sign up for a Windows Live ID account, and
b) enable POP access within Hotmail's settings (see below)
Setting Postbox up to work with Windows Live Hotmail
- On Windows select Options from the Tools menu, or on the Mac select Preferences from the Postbox menu, then click Accounts.
- Click Add Account.
- Enter your full name in the Your Name field. Enter your Windows Live Hotmail email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email Address field, followed by your password, and click Continue.
- You are now back at the Account Settings screen. Click OK.
- Click on your newly created Windows Live Hotmail account in the folder pane, and then click the Get Mail button in the toolbar.
Enabling POP Access
- Go to www.hotmail.com, and log in using your credentials.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Connect Devices and Apps with POP
- Enable POP access
- Save or Click OK
Important note about Hotmail Passwords
Hotmail passwords in Postbox must be 16 characters or less. This is a limitation of the Hotmail service itself, even though you can use passwords longer than 16 characters when using Hotmail's webmail interface.