How to Uninstall Postbox
To Uninstall the Postbox Application:
Mac OS X
- Within Apple Mail, select Preferences > General. Select Apple Mail as your default mail reader.
- Quit Postbox.
- Drag the Postbox application from your Applications folder to your Trash.
- If you wish to permanently remove all Postbox files and mail databases, delete the following folders:
WARNING: THIS ACTION CANNOT BE UNDONE!
(Note: In macOS the user Library folder is hidden. To access it, go to the Finder, and hold the Option key (for 10.11 and below) or the Shift key (for 10.12 and higher) while clicking on the Go menu at the top of the screen. Library will be one of the options.)
- Open the Windows Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs for Win XP)
- Choose Postbox from the list and proceed with the uninstall wizard.
If the Uninstall Wizard does not run, you can start it manually, by running C:\Program Files\Postbox\uninstall\helper.exe.
To Remove Your Postbox Profile:
Caution: removing the Postbox Profile will remove any customization, preferences, message filters, topics and any messages that are not stored on a mail server (such as messages in POP accounts or those moved to Local Folders). This can not be undone.
- Locate the Postbox Profile folder.
- Move the folder labeled "Postbox" to the Trash/Recycle Bin.